G-Tech meter

George Najarian najay at deltanet.com
Wed Apr 30 17:29:57 GMT 1997

The G-Tech Pro does work as advertised, but it does not provide any
sort of option for datalogging. That is a major negative in my book..

On Wed, 30 Apr 1997 07:28:50 -0700 (PDT), dzorde wrote:

>Has anyone heard of an aftermarket measurement device called a G-tech meter
>(at least that's what I think its called).  It's a small unit that sticks to
>your windscreen with a suction cup and plugs into the cigarette lighter
>socket for power.  It will give you g-forces, 1/4 mile time, HP rating and a
>few other things I think.  Someone in our car club bought one to try out and
>he said it was quite accurate, the HP reading was 2HP less than actual
>measurements from dyno testing.  His 1/4 mile times were also close to
>actual times.
>
>Has anyone used this device ?  I would like the feedback from a few more
>people before I'd consider buying one, although its reasonably cheap at
>AU$250 after freight and taxes.  I need something to help with setting up
>the suspension in the race car, and this device may just be it.
>
>How does it measure the distance (doppler effect ?), or does it calculate
>distance from your acceleration ?  If this is the case how does it go in
>hilly areas, bumpy roads, etc ?
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Dan     dzorde at geocities.com

George Najarian	    | '95 Ford Mustang GTS Cobra (14.07/100.81)
najay at deltanet.com  | '86 Ford Mustang GT Convertible (15.0/92)
http://users.deltanet.com/~najay/   Team.Net    Team OS/2
Najay Engineering - Custom EEC reprogramming service available.