ecu voltage problem

S. Lastuka kicker at u.washington.edu
Wed Apr 30 22:28:42 GMT 1997

It is a truly bizarre glitch because the engine runs fine with our own 6V
AC/DC Radio Shack power supply and the same chip ran fine in the other
engine we have which is the same model but was mounted on a test stand.
This indicates the code is capable of running the engine.  The motorola
chip actually generates the pulse and sends it to injector drivers
(National LM1949) which then open up the injectors.  The weird thing is
that the input pulse to the drivers (coming from the motorola MCU) is the
exact same length as the pulse from a crank sensor which happens to be 1
ms.  The pulse from the crank sensor feeds into the MCU for RPM
calculation and seems to work just fine regardless of power supply.
Sean