TPI Questions

Jeffrey R Muehl JRMUEHL at mail.delcoelect.com
Thu Aug 7 16:36:06 GMT 1997

Question - I am installing a TPI unit on an older 350.  (OK, that's not a
question)

1.  There are two coolant fittings on the throttle body.  Do I need to
connect them and if so where to?

2.  There is a big fitting (vacuum) on the left side of the manifold kinda
hidden between the runners
     (I think it's the left side) that I'm assuming is for power brakes,
can someone confirm that.

3.  Any concerns with eliminating the EGR valve.

4.  I'm considering not connecting the MAF for initial start-up. Is this a
good idea or am I overly concerned....

5.  What do I do with the P/N, O/D Request and 1st Gear inputs to the ECM
with an older 4-speed manual.  (ECM is for a manual transmission.)

Any other suggestions or tips would greatly be appreciated...

Jeff