Delco EPROMS...Re: DIY_EFI Digest V2 #261

Terry Martin terry_martin at mindlink.bc.ca
Fri Aug 8 03:49:18 GMT 1997

Curtis L. Martin wrote:

> Just for grins and giggles, does anyone know for certain what style of
> EPROM is used?
>
> The ones used in the V6's are pretty easy.. they are 27xx series EPROMS.
> The ones used on the V8's have me stumped:

I've unloaded 2732(A), 27C128, 27C256, and variations dependant on
manufacturer/#. Some interchange, some don't. Base I/O varies, and if
not set device dependent doesn't matter. Controller type, year, make &
model dependant, as well as plant, shift, sequential line #, ie. running
assembly line changes do. The only constant is change. If you unload a
PROM, the easiest way to burn a blank one is do your modifications in
programmer ram and upload without setting the device limits or offset.

Various later V-8's use EEPROMs.