TPI Questions

Jennifer Rose javer96 at snowcrest.net
Fri Aug 8 04:20:24 GMT 1997

At 09:58 AM 8/7/97 -0500, you wrote:
Hi Jeff
	Not really good at this ,but here goes.

>Question - I am installing a TPI unit on an older 350.  (OK, that's not a
>question)
>
>1.  There are two coolant fittings on the throttle body.  Do I need to
>connect them and if so where to?
The fitting in front goes to the in take manifold. The one on the side goes
to the rad, or in my case the heater.

>2.  There is a big fitting (vacuum) on the left side of the manifold kinda
>hidden between the runners
>     (I think it's the left side) that I'm assuming is for power brakes,
>can someone confirm that.
PVC valve

>3.  Any concerns with eliminating the EGR valve.
Noy sure but, without egr there could be more pinging (detination)

>4.  I'm considering not connecting the MAF for initial start-up. Is this a
>good idea or am I overly concerned....
The check engine light will come on and ecm will use backup figures for
fuel calulations. Like to do test run complete.

>5.  What do I do with the P/N, O/D Request and 1st Gear inputs to the ECM
>with an older 4-speed manual.  (ECM is for a manual transmission.)
If prom is from a manual trans car p/n switch shouldn't nessecary

>Any other suggestions or tips would greatly be appreciated...
If ya don't have shop manual for year of car the tpi is out of - please get
one

>Jeff

Vance