TPI Questions

Mike Palmer mpalmer at ndigital.com
Fri Aug 8 22:28:48 GMT 1997

> Date:          Fri, 08 Aug 1997 13:37:47 -0500
> From:          Jeffrey R Muehl <JRMUEHL at mail.delcoelect.com>
> Subject:       Re: TPI Questions
> To:            diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu

> Thank you for your response - this is exactly what I was looking for.
>
> I do understand that at idle and under full throttle EGR is inactive.
> I am running headers on this motor so I do not have a source for exhaust
> for EGR.
> Next question:  Is there something I can do with the fuel regulator vacuum
> line to increase fuel pressure at part throttle,
> (and increase fuel delivery hopefully avoiding detonation).

My 1994 Probe GT has a solenoid (called the FPRC or Fuel Pressure
Regulator Control) solenoid that uses a PWM (I think :) waveform from
the PCM and bleeds vacuum at selected times from the vacuum line to
the regulator. I wonder if you could find this piece at a wreckers
and build a small electronic box with a "knob" sticking out of it
that just fed varying voltage or a PWM signal to the solenoid to make
the FP regulator adjustable from the driver's seat.

It's one idea (however cheesy...)

- Mike

1994 Probe GT
Leather/PMoonroof/5-speed
"You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll hurl..."