Adjusting Boost

Seth n9540517 at cc.wwu.edu
Sat Aug 9 00:42:40 GMT 1997

On Fri, 8 Aug 1997, Bibiana Lim wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Here goes a silly question which maybe peanuts to all of you out there.
> Anyway...I've heard that it is possible to make the "kick in the pants" come
> sooner. What I want is the boost to happen earlier in the lower RPM. I don't
> know if it means the fuel boost or the turbo. Please help...I'm a lady and
> the guys just won't show me how to do it. I ain't worry of gettin' my hands
> dirty...
>
> BTW...I'm driving a Nissan 200SX - Turbo version(Japan Import 1990).
>
> Thanks
>
> Bibie

Bibie-  you could change the turbo, go to a cam with less overlap.  But
for about $800, you could get rid of the lag with a nitrous system.  A
very quick shot of 1-2 seconds at full throttle brfore the turbo spins up
will give and instant 50 hp or so, and make it shut off as soon as the
manifold pressure goes above atmospheric.  Instant power and much faster
turbo spool up.  And in most cases, the nitrous in emissions legal, with
a CARB exemption sticker.

Seth Allen