MAP

David Doddek pantera at pobox.com
Sat Aug 9 03:20:41 GMT 1997

>At 01:58 08/08/97 GMT, you wrote:
>>
>>I've asked the question before and have not recieved an answer.
>>
>>Anyone out there know what MAP sensor, if any, outputs as a straight voltage
>>devider, resistor type device? I am looking for something that is basically
>>a pressure controlled rheostat.
>>Any ideas?
>>

>Isn't this a bourdon gauge with a pot instead of the pointer?!

Just get a GM Map sensor.  Works of 5 volts, temperature compensated, made
for high temps and vibration, comes in 1 2 and 3 bar ranges Out puts a
voltage proportional to the pressure and only costs about 30 bucks for the 1
bar type.  Or you can get the sensor and a chunck of the harness at the Junk
yard for about 10 bucks.

Quit trying to reinvent the wheel.

David Doddek     pantera at pobox.com    www.pobox.com/~pantera    217-422-3722
69 EFI Fairlane, 89 T-bird SC, 74 Twin turbo NOS EFI Pantera #6825
If you are going to go fast, go real fast.