Adjusting Boost

Ed or Jose EdDSP at ix.netcom.com
Sat Aug 9 04:30:22 GMT 1997

Michael McBroom wrote:
> Couple of questions, if I may:
>
> Would an electronic pressure bleed-off system (I'm thinking specifically
> of the Saab APC) aid in preventing the spring from partially opening
> throughout the boost range?

	Hmm, good question....anyone else care to answer? I'm not sure.

> Also, how well would an electronically activated wastegate interface
> with a standalone efi/ignition system, like the Motec, if one wanted to
> use its boost control?

	I've never tried using an aftermarket EFI system to control boost. The
current EBCs in the market utilize fuzzy logic programming. Am I safe to
assume the EFI's boost control output is basically just an activated
vacuum valve, set to bleed vacuum when it hits a certain amt of boost?

> the above project car wan't by any chance the SVO Mustang 2.3L turbo in
> this month's issue, was it?

	The project car was "The Horse With No Name", a 95 Mustang that they
later gave away in a contest. For the record, the head mechanic (at the
time of the article) and I are no longer affiliated with Dyno Sport
Performance when the place changed ownership in June.

-Ed