SV: Adjusting Boost

DemonTSi at aol.com DemonTSi at aol.com
Sat Aug 9 21:29:05 GMT 1997

<< Sorry Mr Van

 Your memory is not up to date !!
 The APC-system is connected as a bleed system on the hose for the
 wastegate-actuator. Its designed to bleedout air that should go to the
 wastegate-actuator if there is no pinging (knocks) from the knocksensor
 there is also some other futures in the system  that will make the driving
 smoth (without rapid change in boost) >>

Whoops...sorry for the poor information everybody!  :)
I just remember there was quite some discussion a few months back about some
Saab system that supposedly controlled a pop off valve, limiting the amount
of boost that way. I had always thought that that was a very ineffective
method of "controlling" boost, but I remember some people saying that it
worked pretty well...hmmm...

Van