Adjusting Boost

DemonTSi at aol.com DemonTSi at aol.com
Sat Aug 9 21:45:52 GMT 1997

<< Ok..maybe I was a little bit confused...now I know that I should focussed
on
 the Turbocharger. But I've got one of those non-adjustable wastegate valve.
 Does that mean I have to replace it with an adjustable one? >>

What do you mean that the wastegate is non-adjustable? Most all wastegates
use a vacuum source to operate...and you can "control" the boost by tapping
into that vacuum line and limiting the amount of boost going to the
wastegate.
To do so, you can use anything from a cheap little bleeder valve, to a more
elaborate, high $$$, electronic boost controller unit.

Van