Adjusting Boost

DemonTSi at aol.com DemonTSi at aol.com
Sun Aug 10 01:43:37 GMT 1997

<< Yes!  This is one of the things that's really cool about the Saab APC.
 It is a modular, stand-alone system.  I have installed it on my '87
 Volvo 740 and it works very well.  I noticed Stefan Olsson posted John
 Bertram's Volvo APC Project URL info earlier.  I used the very well
 documented information at John's site to do the conversion.  I don't see
 why it couldn't be adopted to any turbocharged car that uses a
 pressure-driven wastegate actuator, although it might be easier to
 implement on some cars than on others -- mostly because of the knock
 sensor. >>

Uh oh...does anyone happen to have the URL mentioned? I accidentally deleted
the original message containing it right after replying to it, but not before
getting the chance to check it out!  :(   TIA
So the Saab APC sounds like a very good alternative to most of those
overpriced EBCs out there...but does it allow any form of adjustability as
far as raising the boost pressures? And if so, is it easy to do so (i.e. just
turn a knob or push a few buttons like on most EBCs)?

Van <----has now seen the Saab APC light