SV: Adjusting Boost

DemonTSi at aol.com DemonTSi at aol.com
Sun Aug 10 02:04:58 GMT 1997

<< My original question remains unanswered, though: will this method suffer
 from the same sort of inaccuracies due to uneven or irregular spring
 tension that other pressure actuated systems are prone to?  It seems to
 me that, because the solenoid is controlling boost levels that the
 actuator "sees" that this would tend to have a mitigating effect. >>

I don't think that this would be a problem because most electronic boost
controllers compensate for all these little nuances. Well, at least most of
the high buck ones do. I've only experienced poor boost control from cheaper
manual boost controllers like the brass bleeder valve that I am using. But
this is because the bleeder valve does not adjust itself to varying boost
conditions like electronic systems do. It is also more subject to temperature
changes which also affects the boost. EBCs, however, have no problems with
temperature changes either, and can hold the boost they're set at...(then
again, I've only had experience with the HKS EVC III and Greddy Profec...and
the temp around CA rarely changes that much... :)

Van