SV: Adjusting Boost

DemonTSi at aol.com DemonTSi at aol.com
Sun Aug 10 20:18:12 GMT 1997

<< There is always a problem when You whant some high power output from this
 systems because the boost will rise very quickly in high gears and then
 when You are at peakboost the knocks makes the ignition to retard (if the
 ignitionsystem have a knocksensor) rapidly so then You have lost all power
 again (boost goes down and ignition retards at the same time)
 I remember that we made some modifications in the system and sold it as a
 tuningkit for Saabs. I can not tell You every mods (still selling a few)
 but the system works better if You shortcut resistor R42.
 We are selling the kit with the P-pot installed on the dashboard together
 with a chip for the enginemanagement. >>

If the system also retards the ignition timing...then does that mean that it
is connected to the car's ECU? Can the Saab APC be used as a totally
independent boost controller?

Van