Super 60 cam

Clendening Chad clendenc at msoe.edu
Mon Aug 11 01:30:10 GMT 1997

I didn't think the discussion on the MOPAR super 60 cam wear was ever
settled.

I spoke with a performance company at the MOPAR nationals on this issue.
I was told that this particular cam originally worked OK and the
prototypes this person had were fine.  Later production cams wore out.
THis was due to a mismatch between the cam and the rocker.  The hardness
of the lifter was adjusted to match that of the CAM ( instead of making
the cam harder).  Now, the best thing to do is to use MOPAR rockers and
get the cam from the company that makes them( $40 cheaper than MOPAR).

The cams are lucky to reach 1000 miles.  expect them to be replaced
under warranty.  The producer refuses to admit a hardning ( or other
manufacturing) problem and claims valve spring tension and other motor
parts are incorect. It is left up to you to determine what to do with the
pile of metal left in the engine!

Chad