Adjusting Boos

Bibiana Lim bibie at cyber-wizard.com
Mon Aug 11 12:42:14 GMT 1997

Hi John,

Appreciate for the feedback  friendly warning!

You wrote:
>Before you start throwing money at the car, do some research first.  Turbo
>motors can usually be easily tweaked but, they can also be easily reduced
>to a molten lump. For instance if you were to do nothing else besides
>raising the boost via an adjustable wastegate, you may get a heap of
>pinging, 5-20 secs of this & your pistons are toast! ( actually more like
>donuts!)

Yeah..that's where its going to end if I'm not careful. But would an additional
injector help? One that gets activated at certain boost or rpm. I don't know
if that's been done before.

Hey...What do yo all think? Is it possible? Dangerous?

>If you are looking to get the boost happening lower down the rev range, I
>doubt that the wategate will help, but I dont know that motor.  I suspect
>to get the sort of improvement your looking for, you'll have to reengineer
>the whole setup. Well not all but you certainly need to look at the turbo,
>wastegate, intercooler & most importantly fuel. There's lots of dead motors
>out there coz people starved the engine of fuel.

Well...that's sad! I don't need a dead motor and I was thinking because it
is using a computer to monitor the driving condition...maybe it can be
fool into making it happen lower down the rev range.

>Have a look at the quattro-list archives, there are some excellent posts
>about turbos there.

Do you know their URL?

Rdgs

Bibie.