Reality of Fuel Consumption

David Randall (SMS) (Volt Computer) a-davidr at microsoft.com
Tue Aug 12 20:38:46 GMT 1997

	<<Advanced materials are constantly being developed, new ideas
form,
> people think.  The Wankel engine was a fantastic example of a new
> idea.  No
> pistons.  Piston engines have been around since 1903.  Its 1997.  >>
> ---
	I saw the patent for the original rotary engine this weekend...
(ie wankel like engine) it was dated 1908!!  Pretty cool.  I'm a
rotorhead (drive/love/live/eat/breath Rx7's) and know from following
them for the last 16 years, they are awesome engines, even if they
haven't made the mainstream.  Since we're on this list for the purpose
of expanding our knowledge of FI systems, it just seems fitting to keep
an open mind!

	Dave R