What is Ockham's Razor?

Jason Walters jasonw at teleport.com
Wed Aug 13 00:52:17 GMT 1997

Ockham's Razor:

It's strange how when you 'register' something, it starts popping up in
everything you see.

A few days ago, I saw the movie "Contact", and Ockham's Razor was tossed
around with respect to the existence of a creator. Today, I see it
applied to the existence of a 100 mpg carburetor.

Wow.  I never thought about the institutional nature of this discussion
group's technology set. Hooray for the heretic!

I'm also sorry for being caustic on the topic after you posted the 100
mpg link.  I think subject is cool, I just couldn't resist jabbing you
on some of the site's quotations.  It's amazing how a concept can be
totally obscured by its support literature.  But can you blame me (or
others) for being skeptical?  If you can email me with a straight face
and tell me that you didn't chuckle when you read the lines . . .

"We believe these answers are found in the inventive resourcefulness of
the Americium people."

"Then we show evidence that gas cars have been invented.  These vechiles

don't even require gasoline as a fuel!"

"This is not designed to be a book of make-believe."

. . . then I'll eat a carburetor.  Sorry to jab again.  It's just too
much fun.  At least I know you have a sense of humor.  Damn!  There I go
again!

I think I'll go now before I embarrass myself further.

Jason Walters
jasonw at teleport.com