fuel filter location

John Hess JohnH at ixc-comm.net
Wed Aug 13 01:30:05 GMT 1997

Most pumps would rather push than pull (suck),  even your well pumps at
home (for those who have wells).  It all has to do with gravity and it
being easier to push a fluid up a pipe than suck it from the top.  Some
of the problem has to do with efficiency in that when you suck, the pipe
is initially filled with low density air.  You have to create a low
enough air pressure to pull the liquid up the pipe before the pump can
act directly on the much higher density liquid.

I know, I know.  Everyone is going to tell me that there is not much
rise in a car situation;  but, with the forward momentum (acceleration)
of the car, there is still a deep gravity well to overcome.