Rover V8 Efi

Andrew McKenzie andmaca at tig.com.au
Wed Aug 13 09:07:02 GMT 1997

Hello,
        I'm new to the list and have a few queries on EFI. Firstly, I want
to convert my 1980 Rover V8 to EFI for extra performance and slightly
greater economy. I have an 1988 Range Rover EFI factory manifold and
harness, but lack an airflow meter and the dreaded Lucas ECU. What are my
options, i'd like to stick with factory parts if possible. I've heard about
some people using an XJ12 Jaguar HE Airflow meter and a Jag ECU but have
never seen both in action. I have also seen some people running an AC Delco
MAP MPFI setup adapted from a GM Holden Australian 5.Ol V8, which is
essentially a GM Buick MPFI setup adapted from a 3800 V6 Series one engine.
Any advice would be welcomed. Cheers.
Andrew McKenzie <andmaca at tig.com.au>
Sydney, Australia
1980(?) Rover 3500 S V8 Series 1 5 Speed Hybrid