Rover V8 Efi

Thomas Wright tgw3448 at garnet.acns.fsu.edu
Thu Aug 14 04:41:55 GMT 1997

Webb wrote:

> Andrew McKenzie wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >         I'm new to the list and have a few queries on EFI.
> > Firstly, I want
> > to convert my 1980 Rover V8 to EFI for extra performance and
> > slightly
> > greater economy. I have an 1988 Range Rover EFI factory
> > manifold and
> > harness, but lack an airflow meter and the dreaded Lucas ECU.
> > <snip>
> >

> Say - is it true that the reason the british like warm beer is
> that Lucas builds refrigerators??? ;-}

 Yes, except that most Lucas  parts are rebadged Bosch and AC-Delco
parts.  The problem is that the British can't take an idea of the chalk
board and engineer anything that actually works!
(i.e. beutifull designs, lousy application.)  Ever check out the wiring
harness on something as simple as an MGB or Jag XKE?  It is a
nightmare.  and why?  No power windows, cruise control, etc.
I have always thougt that they should send there basic designs over to
Germany and let them engineer and build the cars! ;)