EFI on a rotary engine

Webb cwebb at polarnet.com
Fri Aug 15 19:57:27 GMT 1997

LENNART NILSSON wrote:

> Hi listmembers
> Does anyone have any experience with replacing carb on a 12A or
> 13B rotary
> engine to an EFI system. Maybe Haltech??
>
> Maybe from someplace this side of the pond (Europe-Sweden)?
>
> Thanx in advance
> Lennart

   Well...I do know something. I know who knows...

I rebuilt a 13b rotary a couple years ago - mainly because I
found a used one for $50
and I really wanted to understand the innerds.

Anyway, I linked up with a company called "MazdaTrix" out of
southern California. These people are experts, and they will talk
your ear off! They advertize in the magazines - look for them.

They sold me a new center section for my engine, with bosses for
injectors right in it. Injectors are expensive (~$500 for 2 -
never figured out why). The way it is supposed to work is the
injectors only on the inboard ports, and the outboard ports carry
only air. They have a race car that is set up this way...

Look for a junkyard OEM setup. these are fast cars, and mangled
ones are common, as are blown engines that were never repaired
(EFI still good)

Good luck.