pintle vs. disc injector types

Clint Corbin ccorbin at rt66.com
Fri Aug 22 09:46:46 GMT 1997

At 05:57 PM 8/21/97 -0700, you wrote:
>A follow-up to this, if I might.  In the turbocharged applications I'm
>familiar with, a 1:1 fuel pressure regulator is used, which increases
>fuel rail pressure in direct proportion to the increase in boost
>pressure.  What I'm wondering is, if the presssure downstream of the
>injector has increased by the same amount as the pressure upstream of
>the injector, won't this affect the predicted outcome?  And if it will,

<snip>

Michael,

As far as the injector is concerned with, all that matters is the
pressure differential between the fuel side of the injector and the
intake manifold.  If you increased the manifold pressure by 100psi
and also increase the fuel rail pressure by the same 100psi, you
should have the exact same flow rate as before.  All you are doing
when you tie fuel rail pressure to boost pressure is preventing
the flow rate for a given duty cycle from falling off as the boost
pressure increases.  Software would still have to take care of the
increased fuel demand required by the boost pressure.

>Best,
>
>Michael McBroom

Clint Corbin
ccorbin at rt66.com