injectors: dimensions and types;

Brad Sheridan sheridan at vanceandhines.com
Fri Aug 22 16:25:26 GMT 1997

>Kerrie,
>How much detailed dimensional injector info. do you need? I have a scale
>drawing which I produced for my own purposes (to build throttle bodies/fuel
>rail/modify inlet manifold) which I could easily dimension. The drawing is
>generated from my own measurements but I think it's pretty accurate.
>The injectors from the V6 are probably 'disc' nozzle type as opposed to
>pintle nozzle; they are supposed to provide better atomisation and more
>significantly, are more resistant to gum build-up in the nozzle which is
>especially aggravated by unleaded fuel.
>

>Brad Sheridan also asks about disc injectors; Brad,  I would be interested
>in your findings on the subject of pintle/disc nozzle comparisons.

  I don't have too much yet, but I'll pass along what I do find. The reason
I'm asking is that The Triumph T595 motorcycle comes standard with the disc
type injectors. I've heard to avoid disc type injectors, but I want to know
more about why before I go switching them out. All I've heard so far is
that the disc type injectors aren't nearly as linear. I think Lucas is the
manufacturer of the disc injectors.

Thanks,
Brad