Injector control question

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Fri Aug 22 16:28:28 GMT 1997

I wrote:

>> In examining my Holley ProJection (model 502 analog) I find
>> that the pulse width to the injectors is a constant (approximate)

        [ snip ]

>> NEXT ...
>>
>>    Some time back (few weeks ago) there was a question
>> about building a meter to monitor the PW of injectors

and Bruce replied:

>About a year ago, I made such a meter out of a PIC 16C56 chip

but Bruce, you didn't address my primary query -- that
being:

        "why does one want to know the PW when it's the
         duty cycle that's impotent (regardless of whether
         one uses fixed PRR/var. PW or fixed PW/var. PRR) ??

Am I incorrect about that ??  I recognize that there's going
to be errors in fuel delivery calcs at the opening and closing
of the injector, so short pulses would deliver less fuel/time
than long pulses and this would imply that a simple duty
cycle measurement would have some inherent errors, but I'd
think they'd be minimal.

IOW, seems that duty cycle is what you want to measure, not PW ????

Tom Cloud

        Ever stop to think .... and forget to start again ??