TPI Questions

Terry Martin terry_martin at mindlink.bc.ca
Fri Aug 22 18:15:52 GMT 1997

Bill Williams wrote:

> Bear in mind that water or water/methanol injection will exert a powerful
> cooling effect on the mixture rather than merely diluting the mixture
> with hot, inert, gasses.
> Bill in Boulder   "Engineering as an Art Form"

Hey, that's my idea. :-) Unfortunately you have to alter the air intake
to compensate for the fuel displacement if water is injected, and
methanol has a lower available btu, not to mention air/fuel ratio
compared to gas. Burning dissimilar fuels in the same chamber seems to
be a problem. Why not recover some exhaust or water-jacket heat by using
it to drive a cooling unit, (like a propane fridge principle), to cool
the air, and then jam as much air directly into the injector stream as
possible. The rest of the air charge requirement is sucked up normally
on the intake.

(see other message on "For REALLY good injectors" for an echo of this,
plus me dumping on another "INTRINSIC ENERGY IN MAGNET" guy.