For REALLY good injection, check this out

Christopher G. Moog cgmoog at worldnet.att.net
Sat Aug 23 18:40:54 GMT 1997

> Terry Martin wrote:
> > I'd better mention really good injectors here or I'll be hissed at.
> :-)
> > I still think compressing part of the air charge into the injector
> > stream is an idea with merit. It would act the same as anything else
>
> > when decompressed (injected), and cool the combustion chamber. If it
> was
> > done just at the overlap point of exhaust and intake, the cylinder
> would
> > not heat the intake charge as much by virtue of residual heat from
> the
> > power stroke (exhaust), and would increase the volumetric efficiency
> of
> > the engine. It would also serve to better atomize the injector
> stream.
> > No?
> >
> > Terry

Orbital engine from Australia has been experimenting with this for
several years for 2-stroke engines.  As I understand it the proper
amount of fuel is blown into the  combustion chamber with ~100 psi air.
A small belt driven compressor supplies the air.  The idea is to get
good atomization and allow injection after the exhaust port has been
covered (preventing raw fuel from going out the exhaust).  They have
licensed the technology to GM, Ford, Toyota and others.  So far nothing
meeting NOx has been a problem so no marketable engine has come out.