BOSCH stuff

Steve Meade smeade at deltanet.com
Sat Aug 23 20:48:00 GMT 1997

----------
> From: Michael McBroom <bodhi at earthlink.net>
> To: diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Subject: Re: BOSCH stuff
> Date: Friday, August 22, 1997 5:35 PM
>

> It appears that you have uncovered the truth.  According to Charles

	I just *knew* I might be on to something! :)

> Probst in his book _Bosch Fuel Injection & Engine Management (Robert
> Bentley, 1991), all 944s have Bosch Motronic systems.  He makes no
> mention of JE-Jetronic, although he mentions a few variants of
> K-Jetronic, one of which is KE-Jetronic.  Citing from Probst again,
> there are three basic Motronic systems (up to 1991, that is):  Motronic,
> LH-Motronic, and KE-Motronic.  Yours should have the plain Motronic
> system (and yes, Probst shows your 325 as using the same one), which is
> characterized as having such basic features as an air-flow meter, pulsed
> injection, idle stabilization, and ignition timing control.

	The timing is the big one for me, it means adding a Weltmeister chip does
more than changing the fuel maps; it can change timing too.

> Incidentally, I can recommend Probst's book.  I bought it to learn more
> about Bosch efi systems in general and LH-Jet in particular, and it has
> helped in that regard.  I wish he would have gone into considerably more
> detail in several areas, but it has served as a very worthwhile
> introduction.

	I was just going to ask you how you liked his book but it looks like
you've already answered the question for me.

	I'm a bit curious, I remember your posts a while back about your
adaptation of the Saab boost control system and I was wondering, is your
745 faster than your 765?  I must thank you for something else entirely; a
month ago I went out and bought a new camera. I traded in my old (and very
heavy) Minolta XG-1 and lenses and hardly had to pay very much at all for
the new camera. I noticed the guy pulled out your book when looking up
prices.