BOSCH stuff

Steve Meade smeade at deltanet.com
Sat Aug 23 21:23:01 GMT 1997

----------
> From: Land Shark <lndshrk at xmission.com>
> To: diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Subject: Re: BOSCH stuff
> Date: Friday, August 22, 1997 11:20 PM
>
> At 12:57 PM 8/22/97 -0700, you wrote:
> >
>  Motronic  all 944's in the US are Motronic DME

	Well, that's certainly good news since now I know that it has
chip-adjustable timing. The factory chip only requires 87 octane so I think
there may be some gain in timing advancement.

>  If you tell me your 0 261 number, I can tell you what version
>  any (maybe) the processor type/EPROM type

	Just went out and it is a 0 261 200 077 box. I had one of your chips in my
BMW and was wondering if you were going to get into Porsche chips. :) I say
that with half seriousness since I can only find 3 companies making chips
for my car:

	Superchips: I'm worried when they say on their web site, "We can make a
chip for any car in a couple of hours."

	Weltmeister: These chips are actually made by Dinan, and I know yours are
better than that.

	Autothority: Can I really trust a chip from the same company that makes
the "Flowtech" noise system?

	Well, if you find out anything on my box just drop me a line.

Steve Meade
smeade at deltanet.com