No Mo O2 sensor

Bill Bradley senator at ugcs.caltech.edu
Sun Aug 24 03:33:18 GMT 1997

> I was talking with a friend about how to get rid of or fooling the ECU into
> thinking the O2 sensor was reading perfect. He thought that if you supplied
> the right amount of voltage to the sensor then it would read perfect all the
> time and never effect the ECU. That way you can use the water temp and other
> sensors to better tune the EFI.
>
> Any thoughts????

	Don't count on it...
	Many ECUs check for a voltage swing on the oxgen sensor to
make sure it's connected, warmed and functioning properly.  If you just
give it a straight voltage reading it will most likely go open loop and
generate an error code.

	The temperature sensor is a work around.  If you fool the ECU into
thinking that the engine is cold, it should allow a richer "cold" mixture
(assuming that that's your goal)

	What type of FI are you trying to play with?

	Bill