No Mo O2 sensor

Orin Eman orin at WOLFENET.com
Sun Aug 24 03:57:44 GMT 1997

> I was talking with a friend about how to get rid of or fooling the ECU into
> thinking the O2 sensor was reading perfect. He thought that if you supplied
> the right amount of voltage to the sensor then it would read perfect all the
> time and never effect the ECU. That way you can use the water temp and other
> sensors to better tune the EFI.

> Any thoughts????

The ECU will think the sensor is dead if you do that.  It expects the O2
sensor output to cycle from rich to lean as it varies the mixture.  If the
voltage doesn't change, it probably assumes that the sensor is disconnected
or that there is a short somewhere...  you may end up with some very
poor running limp home mode!

Orin.