TPI Questions

George M. Dailey gmd at tecinfo.com
Sun Aug 24 12:51:53 GMT 1997

I think the cold start port is at the base of the manifold. It seems like a
small hole drilled length wise of the manifold. I don't think it would work
well as a water injection port. I think the water would puddle up in the
passage and sputter unevenly to the cylinders. The water needs to be
atomized once it enters the A/F mixture.

GMD

At 01:22 AM 8/21/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I was thinking of that, using the cold start injector on the tpi system
>quite a few months ago now, but no one ever clarified whether the cold
>injector holes in the manifold to the ports would be OK for water injection.
>I haven't got a tpi manifold to discect, so I am not sure how the cold
>injector sprays into the cylinders and if this path would be OK for water
>injection.  Any thoughts on this one from the tpi gurus ?
>
>Dan     dzorde at geocities.com
>
>>I'm wondering if water injection would be a better alternative to EGR?
>>GMD

George M. Dailey
gmd at tecinfo.com