Sourcing Ignition Maps for Cars (Rover)

Shane Eric Taylour taylour at minyos.its.rmit.EDU.AU
Mon Aug 25 02:46:32 GMT 1997

Howdy electromaniacs.

Does anyone know how ignition advance maps can be obtained for cars?

In particular, I am after the ignition advance map for a Rover Mini.

I am designing a distributorless ignition system and it would be ideal if
the ignition advance map could be obtained (i.e. ignition advance vs. revs
vs. manifold pressure).

Could someone provide the map for this (or a similar car), or direct me
to where I could source one?

Alternatively, how can the ignition advance for given revs and manifold
pressure be calculated?

Thanks Heaps.

Shane,
(taylour at minyos.its.rmit.edu.au)

Shane Eric Taylour, Stud.I.E.Aust (taylour at minyos.its.rmit.edu.au)
Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology  (Melbourne, Australia)

'77 Leyland Mini Clubman - "Max"
'78 Leyland Mini Clubman 'S' - un-named and in hibernation

"He who is afraid to ask is ashamed of learning."  - Danish Proverb

"Two roads diverged in a broken wood. I took the one less traveled by."
                                                   - Robert Frost