SS Header parts.

Terry Martin terry_martin at mindlink.bc.ca
Wed Aug 27 00:27:56 GMT 1997

David W. Taylor wrote:

> You can buy pipe pieces called "Weld-L's" from hydraulic shops.
> Heavy wall tubing pieces bent into 45,90,180 degree bends.

An oldy but goody if you're really into DIY, get the pipe out of
dumpsters at muffler shops, pack it with sand to keep it from collapsing
and heat and bend away. The first time I saw this done was on a forge in
a blacksmith shop. friggin amazin. The big trick is to collapse the
inner wall of the curve, and stretch the outer wall as little as
possible. It goes with where you apply the heat.

Terry