[Fwd: Re: Ethanol & your internet publication]

Terry Martin terry_martin at mindlink.bc.ca
Thu Aug 28 04:26:38 GMT 1997

Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 23:22:01 -0400
From: Mike Fumento <MFumento at compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Ethanol & your internet publication
To: "INTERNET:terry_martin at mindlink.bc.ca" <terry_martin at mindlink.bc.ca>

I would be willing to bet a reasonable discussion on the fact you know
little or nothing about EFI, (electronic fuel injection), or any other
means of shifting dependance away from petroleum products.

If you knew anything about it, you'd know that all post-1986 cars have
oxygen sensors that automatically adjust for the fuel-oxygen ratio.  In
other words, they already do what ethanol is supposed to do.  The key is
making sure that cars that have broken sensors are detected and replaced,=

not doing the essential equivalent of giving snake antidote to everyone
every day because somebody on that day might be bitten by a snake.  And
with the air over North American cities getting cleaner by the year, with=

the costs of petroleum products dropping by the year, I'm afraid I just
can't get all worked up over your fear and loathing of gasoline.