injector bosses

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Fri Aug 29 20:02:10 GMT 1997

>A *true* epoxy will cure faster and harder when heat is applied
>(remember, it's a plastic, so it has an upper limit where it's
>damaged or destroyed .... I forget, but I think it's near 300 F).
>Also, it will *resist* solvents and hot water (see below about fast-
>curing epoxies).
>

> ** be aware that five-minute -- quick curing -- epoxies are
>   not *true* epoxies (don't really know the chemical difference)
>   and won't get as hard, are damaged by heat, are softened by
>   hot water and by gasoline -- i.e. don't use them !

one last thought about epoxy -- that's probably what's
in the connectors on the engine -- ex. sensors, etc -- for
the seal and to hold the connector pins in place .... could
even be a component in the injectors ??

Also, epoxy will (should ?? ) stand as much heat as the
wiring on your engine (of course, the injectors are in more
direct contact with the engine heat).

Tom Cloud

They say the mind is the first thing to go ... and I can't remember the second