o2 sensor

Johnny johnny at johnny-enterprises.com
Sat Aug 30 04:16:29 GMT 1997

swagaero wrote:

> > Ahhh, the illusive Bosche "anything's ok" O2 sensor. This has been
> > mentioned before, but I Have never been able to find one. Do you have a
> > part number?
> >

> It's on my desk got it from NASA high altitude research if you could see
> my desk you will know why it will take a bit to find it.

So we both got our desks at the same place. When you find it, I would be
most interested in it. As far as the "regular" sensors go, I have not
been able to get one to work reliably after lead coating no matter what
I did after that. No matter how much unleaded I burned after that, it
was just not accurate or consistant. I don't want people to have to
remember what they ran last time or for how many hours. I'm sure you
know how that goes. They may not fly for weeks at a time, and then they
have to remember if they need to go out of their way to find Mogas this
time. It's just not a selling point I would want to try and sell.

Like you, and a few others, I have been around and around on the O2 with
lead thing, and I still haven't found a good solution except to just not
do closed loop at all. But I can't help but think that there might be a
better way, like using EGT in it's place.

-j-