EFI & furthermore

B.E. Herron beh_jh at transport.com
Sat Aug 30 05:31:08 GMT 1997

At 10:38 PM 8/24/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Robert Harris wrote:
>>
>> One last time - please read the FAQ's just posted.
>
>Did that, thanks.
>
>>  Words have
>> meanings, - chemical, physical, electrical etc terms have fairly
>> exact meanings.  Use them as they are defined - when you don't
>> you confuse the shit out of everyone and embarrass yourself and
>> needlessly throw fire onto fuel.
>
>Oh, I never embarrass myself when I learn something, and thanks again.
>
>> Thought trains, concepts etc. get
>> radically misunderstood when everyone is not speaking the same
>> language.  Remember, we are not politicians, seeking to deceive,
>> just people trying to do what we can for our own personal needs.
>
>And mine is to learn, thank-you very much again.
>
>On the other hand, someone, say, as learned as yourself, should see past
>the words, and recognize the concept. Like someone trying to understand
>a person not speaking his native tongue. However, if you don't speak the
>language expressed very well either, then you will have the shit
>confused out of you. It's one of the benefits to everyone not speaking
>the same language. Any shit in you will be confused out.
>
>Once again, thank-you so much.
>
>Oh, not to beat it to death, and to be perfectly clear, you state "Words
>have
>> meanings, - chemical, physical, electrical etc terms have fairly
>> exact meanings."
>
>I already know that words have meanings, since I use them on a more or
>less non-arbitrary basis, but what does "fairly exact" mean? I
>understand that the english language also has context, and "fairly" is a
>contradiction in context with "exact". Not to be so bold as to
>contradict you outright, but I understand, and believe to be true, that
>mathematics was "invented" as the "language" of science, due to its
>exacting precision and unabiguity in fairly describing the various
>scientific doctrines.
>
>Do you propose that we should defer to mathematics so that everyone,
>regardless of tongue should fully and completely understand that of
>which we speak?
>
>Terry

Terry wrote the above in response to Robert:

I am new to this group and am monitoring it for ideas about my own efi
projects of the future.  An observation:  Terry, you seem to be a "fairly"
<snip> intelligent individual, however, your recent belligerance,
antagonistic and attacking language make even your comprehensible
statements go un-read because individuals like myself don't want to be
bothered with dribble that has nothing to do with efi.  Please try to get
along with the others in this group and get back to the correct topic -
ELECTRONIC FUEL INJECTION!!!

I appologize to all of you here for the topic of efi since this has nothing
to do with it, but enough is enough.

Bradley E. Herron
'66 Mustang Fastback	'73 Camaro