DIY injector cleaning

Andris Skulte askulte at emerald.tufts.edu
Tue Dec 2 05:21:02 GMT 1997

Scott Linder wrote:
> Kevin Vannorsdel wrote:
> > Is there a decent DIY method to clean and/or rebuild GM fuel injectors   (TBI
> > in my case) ??

> As a fuel injector reconditioner we recondition the tbi units for $ 24.95 each
> plus ups back to you. We remove screens and o-rings , reverse flush and ultrasonically clean with
> flush. Reinstall new filter baskets with new orings and flow test for matching.

I think the DIY part was the important section. Removing o-rings and
screens is the easy part. How would you reverse flush it? I assume you
just run the injector in the open position and run pressure from the
outlet side of the injector? Regarding the ultrasonic cleaning... Could
I just put the injectors in the cleaner bath, and run the machine?
Thanks for hopefully answering the questions :)

Andris