GM TPI

Jennifer Rose javer96 at snowcrest.net
Sat Dec 6 03:59:35 GMT 1997

At 05:41 PM 12/5/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Dorothy Streich wrote:
>>
>> Hey all, I've got a question,
>>
>> What year did GM's vehicles switch from batch fire to sequential fire on
>> the 305/350 engines?  I'd like to pirate an EFI setup to slap on a 327 and
>> drop it in a 66 chevelle...  Can the early batch fires be converted to
>> sequential??...
>> Thanks for the help, and please reply dirrectly to DStreich at Compuserve.com
>>
>>                                                 Karl Streich
>
>An afordable way to do this is to buy a universal harness from PAINLESS
>WIRING(SUMMIT OR JEG'S carry these) and use a GM 1227730 processor.
>There's not much reason to do the sequential since emissions are not a
>factor on a 66....then break the code and "re-chip".....note
>....emissions will be very clean if you get the chip right.......
>Carl Summers   Innovative Technologies (IN-TECH)
>
>Hi All

	Just use wiring harness from v-6 j-bodied donor car or two, that has a 730
ecm. Get Helms Manual for 91 Camaro. Modify harness to fit your rod. Reburn
eprom with Camaro\vette file with vats bypassed. This method works great -
done this for a couple of friends. The v-6 stuff tends to be less expensive.

Vance