Rochester Quadrajet Jetting question (sorry, non-EFI)

Jay Snyder jsnyder at microserve.net
Mon Dec 8 00:39:21 GMT 1997

Sorry for the non-EFI question, but I don't know where to ask this, and
I figured that it is many here would know the answer.

I have an '86 C10 pickup with a 4.3L V6 with a quadrajet (last year for
this, '87's had TBI).  Eventually, I want to put the TBI setup on it,
but I don't have the parts yet, and I also don't have the time.

The engine currently has the original feedback carb on it, but it stubbles
and looses power at more than 1/2 throttle (secondary jet problem?).

Since all the emissions stuff is missing and plugged, I obtained a non-feedback
carb from an earlier truck with a small block V8 (305 or 350, I don't
know which).  Since this came from a larger engine, am I correct in
assuming that the jetting would be incorrect for my engine?
Where can I get a jetting kit to make this work with my engine?

Thanks,
J.
'89 325i w/ Jim C Chip
'85 325e->i (project)
'74 2002 (future 325i engine recipiant!)
'67 Firebird 400 Conv (4spd -- of course)
'86 Chevy C10 Pickup
Jay Snyder                                   ________
jsnyder at microserve.net                      /________\
http://www.microserve.net/~jsnyder         (oo==OO==oo)