Fuel pump questions

Gordon McKenzie gmcken at direct.ca
Mon Dec 8 16:34:42 GMT 1997

bruce plecan wrote:

>  Like anything else if you do something wrong, you might have a tank
> explosion, just duplicate what the EOM manner of doing things and
> there should be no problem.  There are "millions" of in tank pumps
> in use today, and if they were unsafe uncle (big brother) ralph, and
> (big sis) joan would be all over the news with these horror stories
> of poor design.  Interject names Nader, Claybrook as neseccary
> Bruce   nacelp at bright.net

What if your application never had an OEM FI application? Is a simple in
line fuel pump adequate? If I do get a retorfit to my AMC motor using
old GM TBI parts, is an in-line pump enough or would I need an in-tank
setup? Either way, I will be dropping the tank (to replace the sending
unit and plumb new larger fuel lines) but I was looking to use just an
in-line pump.

BTW, who are Ralph Claybrook and Joan Nayder?

--
Gord, Sue & Countess McKenzie