IAC

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com
Tue Dec 9 17:58:42 GMT 1997

> I have seen several postings of projects mentioned where the builder is
using
> a GM ecm for engine management on a ford crate engine.  Sounds like a good
> idea,  just one question.  How do you address the IAC motor?  The ford
has two
> circuit motor and the GM has a four circuit motor? Can the GM IAC motor be
> attached to the ford intake manifold?

I would think mechanically changing the motor would be the idea solution,
as then there aren't any electronics to update, change, modify, or play
with.  My understanding of IAC motors is they just push the throttle
assembly on the air-intake a bit to ensure the vehicle doesn't stall when
cold, decelerating, etc.  If so, its just a linkage, right?

Frederic Breitwieser
Homebrew Automotive Mailing List
Bridgeport, CT 06606
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/4605/index.html