a new guy to efi

Chris Vondrachek chrisv at egr.up.edu
Wed Dec 10 00:34:57 GMT 1997

Hello all,
	I am new both to this list and to efi.  I am a sophomore
EE student at the Univ. of Portland (OR), and I have decided on
building a engine management system for my senior project.  I'm a
little ahead of schedule...ok 2.5 years, but from what I've found
this is not an excess amount of time for a project of this caliber.

My Project:
	I plan to use this system on a Nissan VG-30, which is the 3.0L
V-6 Nissan uses in nearly everything.  My engine is out of a early, 300zx
but will soon find it's home in one of my Datsun 510's.  Along with the efi
and ignition, I also hope to include a user interface and display if there
is time.  I am also in the process of designing a custom twin (maybe sngl)
turbo system.  I do not know if I can find time to fit this in before I
graduate, but I still plan to include provisions for turbo boost control.
	Currently I am only in the information gathering phase.  I have a couple
people in industry helping me out and pointing me in the right direction when
needed.  After I return from Christmas break, I will probably be ready to
begin
the design of the ignition system.  I have decided on using a 68322 (or '336)
for the heart of it all, and this ignition project will be a good way to get
to know the beast.
	Is anybody here doing anything similar?  I am especially interested to
know if anyone has done a user interface or display.

	later,
	Chris

///////////////////////////////////|||\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
\\\
Chris Vondrachek
chris at egr.up.edu / cvondrac at up.edu

winter: EE (2nd yr), Univerisity of Portland (Oregon)
summer: Datsun 510 nut - in my garage: Newberg, Oregon

'70 2dr 510 - (soon to get a turbo'd VG30)
'71 4dr 510 - (L-20B, 5spd etc...soon)
'71 2dr 510 - (trailered race car project)
'73 2dr 510 - (donor for above)

'85 VG30E - (slowly being built)