a new guy to efi

Dave J. Andruczyk dave at scarlet.buffalostate.edu
Wed Dec 10 02:37:19 GMT 1997

> Hello all,
> 	I am new both to this list and to efi.  I am a sophomore
> EE student at the Univ. of Portland (OR), and I have decided on
> building a engine management system for my senior project.  I'm a
> little ahead of schedule...ok 2.5 years, but from what I've found
> this is not an excess amount of time for a project of this caliber.

I'm a student too, and doing the efi332 just for the hell of it..
> 	Currently I am only in the information gathering phase.  I have a couple
> people in industry helping me out and pointing me in the right direction when
> needed.  After I return from Christmas break, I will probably be ready to
> begin

I already built the CPU of the efi332 controller.  EFI332 is a efi and
ignition syste mthat is nearly exactly as you describe,  most of the
boards are already fully designed, and software is in the works..

> the design of the ignition system.  I have decided on using a 68322 (or '336)
> for the heart of it all, and this ignition project will be a good way to get
> to know the beast.

Take a look at:
http://efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu/efi332/

Dave J. Andruczyk