fuzzy logic controllers

jb24 at chrysler.com jb24 at chrysler.com
Thu Dec 11 07:30:45 GMT 1997

>>In a similar vein, are "learning" or "self tuning" controllers
currently found in commercial automotive systems?

Thanks for any help,
Jay<<

Another consideration for lookup tables is failure modes.  Suppose you
lose a sensor, or many sensors to age or leaded fuel and so on.  The
so-called 'limp-home' modes will operate with few operating sensors, do
to a row in the lookup matrix for zero voltage or the like.  I'm not
sure what it is but my truck will light the check engine light after
hitting a few inches of water, cough and stumble for a little bit
(maybe ingestion, but hard to imagine on a 4x4) and continue on, then
find its breath again and the light goes out.  Any comments?

John Bucknell is jb24 at chrysler.com