Fuel pressure regulators, was Re: Fuel pump questions

Ed EdDSP at ix.netcom.com
Thu Dec 11 17:34:35 GMT 1997

bruce plecan wrote:

> Maybe I should have asked this first, are you talking about the FPR for
> the injectors, or for a seperate fuel system for when the NOS in on?.

	It's the FPR for the injectors. The nitrous system was a small 50hp
single fogger. I tapped the fuel source from the FPR's pressure gauge
port.

> a large difference in system pressures, and two return lines.  Sometimes
> if the NOS step isn't too large, they use the NOS to hammer the FPR,
> in it's vacuum reference line to just run the pressures as high as

	This is exactly what Nitrous Oxide Systems does on their "dry manifold
system". A tee from the solenoid is connected to the FPR's reference
line and uses the injectors for nitrous enricment. It's the simplest
nitrous system to plumb since there's no fuel solenoids.

	Here's what the Supra's fuel system looks like. Pardon the artwork :-)

pump===========FPR=======RAIL

		|<---return line.

	Acceptable way to plumb the FPR?

-Ed