Fuel resivoir/tank baffles

Squash mpc at genevaonline.com
Thu Dec 11 21:33:56 GMT 1997

What has everyone done to reduce the problems with fuel slosh in the gas
tank and starving the pump?  I have an in-line pump that sucks from the
top of my gas tank.  I was thinking of cutting the top/bottom off of a
metal coffee can and fastening it to the sending unit, positioned so
that the bottom of the can is very near to the bottom of the tank (of
not touching it).  I guess i would have to drill some holes in the lower
portion of the can to allow fuel in, also.  I can see this happening:  I
go do some hard 4-wheeling in my truck and with less than 1/4 of a tank
of gas and heavy pressure on the accelerator pedal.  Then the fuel pump
is momentarily starved, sending air to the engine, leaning out and
back-firing.  Eeeeouch.  So basically, what has GM or Ford done with
this?
--
Andy Quaas