Fuel resivoir/tank baffles

bruce plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Dec 11 23:35:14 GMT 1997

ref: Andy Quaas:
  I'd seriously think about a foam filled fuel cell.  The foam is an
open type so the gas flows thur it, but is slowed down.
  In the late 60's there was a firm in canada that did injection molding
of ballistic plastics, they also sold the fuel cell foam in blocks,
that we'd stuff in fuel tanks.  I don't know if any of the current
fuel cell manufacturers sell it in chunks.  The NASCAR crews use like
a windage trap door setup like what you'd see in a oil pan with the
foam. I think the sump, and foam would be the ticket.
  Or use one pump to fill a 1 gal fuel cell, with a restricted line back
to the gas tank, to  purge air from it, when it sucks some air into the
sytem and then a second pump from the cell to the engine.
KISS would indorse the first one.
  In the Jags that run V-8 conversion book shows one for EFI, that holds
like a cup full, that is plumbed different than the above, for momentary
problems.
  HTH, Bruce     nacelp at bright.net