Injector Recommendations

Steve Leonard sleonard at rocketmail.com
Thu Dec 11 23:56:14 GMT 1997

Jim,
  No, the Suzuki is a 1982 Gs1100e, I'm making it fit
into a "ProStreet" category for AMA/Prostar drag
racing. I'm using this as my senior project, I have
to fabricate and design all the goodies.
Progress so far:

 The engine has A APE big block, Arias 1428cc 8.5:1
compression, 31mm and 25mm valves, 3-speed
auto-transmission, and mega-cycle cams.
I have the pipes for the header and turbo mount done.
I'm using a 340cfm, Aerodyne Turbo, an ancient F3
Haltech, Dyna 4000 digital ignition (with data
acquisition), port injection, with a single throttle
plate just before the airbox.
  I'm still debating between alcohol and Gasoline, so
I haven't allocated any injector or pumps. Since I'm
putting a NOS progressive nitrous system on it, I am
leaning toward the alcohol.

Our SAE club is doing a Formula SAE car also:
We have in the past used a inline 4-cyl CBR600F2
engine with pretty good results.
  This year we are breaking tradition and going with
a engine donated by KTM America, a 609cc single
cylinder with a twist, we are going to put our 140cfm
Aerodyne turbocharger on.
(I know some you lurkers have been in Formula SAE,
Seth Allen are you out there, has anybody turbo'ed a
single for Formula competition before?)
We are using a MoTeC M4 Pro as the controller, we are
using the traction control, launch control, and
shifter features. This is where I have a question,
are we better to stay with sequential injection (12
tooth wheel required) or switch to a batch fire mode???

                                       regards
                                      Steve L
                                      UB SAE

---James Boughton <jpb01 at ibm.net> wrote:

> This wouldn't be for a Formula SAE car would it?
>
> Jim Boughton
> jpb01 at ibm.net
>
> ----------
> > From: Steve Leonard <sleonard at rocketmail.com>
> > To: DIY_EFI at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu
> > Subject: Injector Recommendations
> > Date: Saturday, December 06, 1997 8:55 AM
> >

> > I need some suggestions on injectors for my
> > turbo-Suzuki, I am using a batch-fire controller
> > (Haltech). Projected HP is 225 rear wheel ponies.
The
> > injectors will be mounted in individual runners for
> > each cylinder.
> >  Can you recommend what size, type, and where to
get
> > them. I also need the mounting bosses, fuel rail
> > couplers, and what pressure regulator you can
suggest.